Harmonized
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Roleplay.

Go down

How to Roleplay. Empty How to Roleplay.

Post  Ethan Winthrop Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 pm

As you come upon this forum, you may be wondering: what is roleplaying? You might not know about it or you may have heard about it before but never experienced it.

Roleplaying is basically a game where two or more persons take turns to act out a character's role. One person sets the scene and the actions of the character he/she is playing and the others follows on.

Let us suppose that I am playing with someone. I play as Ethan and someone else plays as Fox. I first select where I want the game to start (Crane Industries) , set a scene from there and post the topic.

Then the person I'm playing with sees my topic, reads it and replies to it. Then it would be my turn and then his or her turn and it goes on like that. So it would turn out to be something like this...

Ethan was walking down the hallway where he ran into someone.

"Hey bro! Just the person I needed to see," said Fox. "I really need to talk to you."

"Okay. What is it?"

Fox bit his lip in nervousness. "It's...about Whitney. I think I'm in love with her."

--

To make this simple, it is like telling a story from your character's point of view. That is really what roleplaying is all about. Be creative as you can and unleash your imagination! Very Happy

I hope that this sums up what roleplaying is all about and how to play. To really get the gist of roleplaying, watch how other members are doing it and try to follow in that same direction.

If you are unclear about anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me or ask one of the members for help. I want you to be part of the fun and not be left out!

So with this being said, enjoy!

-Christal.
Admin of Harmonized.
Ethan Winthrop
Ethan Winthrop
Admin

https://harmonized.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum